Thursday, January 28, 2016

Travel Attempt

Have you ever felt like just driving and not knowing

where you're going and explore the place you find?


Well my husband and I have. Last weekend as we sat in the car to go home from his parents. I said, I don't really want to go home. And my husband looking at me said let's go drive and see where we end up. Let's go on a road trip. Me being crazy about adventure jumped right in. Let's go now. Stopping by the house grabbing a pair of cloths and snacks, heading East toward Idaho.










Feeling all excited and anticipation of what we'll find. It was beginning to get dark and rain. But with the beautiful views of mountains with snow, fog and lakes. It didn't matter.




After driving two hours we decided to stop and end our driving there around 7pm. We stopped in a small town called smelterville. There was a nice looking hotels with a water park and a sking on silver mountain called silver mountain resort. But unfortunately the hotel was booked. So we headed over to the next hotel, which was way smaller and not as nice, and was expensive. So we took the freeway and took the next exit. As we pulled up to the hotel called wallace inn my husband saw a ferrari and got excited and wanted a picture by it.



As he went in and asked the price I saw, he pulled out his wallet to pay, so I guess where staying here. Lol didn't even have time to play candy crush. He came back and we parked the car. The hotel had a pool so we wanted to swim but didn't have swimwear. And there was a nearby gift shop so we ran over there to get some swimwear but it was a small empty restaurant with no gift shop. So we went back to the car and grabbed our stuff and headed to our hotel room. As we went in our room. I Turned on the light and it looked creepy I couldn't find any other lights. I looked into the bathroom there was a pile of dirty towels it was a mess and the bed was unmade. I freaked out opened the door and told my husband looks like someone was here or they didn't clean it. The place was a mess. We went down to the lobby, me angry. We told them what we saw, they're like do you want another room, Serge was like no that was not pleasant, we don't want to stay here. So we went back home.
That was our travel attempt. Learned a lesson. Small town hotels aren't cheap in parts of idaho. And didn't have a good experience with the hotel.







18 comments:

  1. It is a truly beautiful thing to get lost sometimes! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I always have to plan ahead! I don't do well with spontaneity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so spontaneous and wonderful to just get up and go sometimes! It takes a lot of courage to be this carefree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might not have been a successful attempt finding a hotel... but it's what impromptu road trips are all about! Sounds like you had fun regardless and getting lost on the road can be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roadtrip always gives me so much freedom. You guys had a blast there. ;) More trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dope! I love the shot of your feet up on the dashboard while the sun comes up in the distance. That's my favourite thing to do on road trips :) nothing like a spontaneous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. You didn't even have time to play candy crush.
    That's a nice adventure though I think i will try it with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love spontaneous trips! Looks like you guys had a fun little adventure. I'll have to try something like this next time :) (BTW, this is Crystal from Travel Pockets... couldn't figure out the profile selection, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading this, and I get that feeling all the time!! Next time I should give in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too many people think of travel as something that needs to be planned out far in advance. Love that you took a random opportunity to go out and see somewhere new. Even if the hotel was a bust, at least you got a good story out of it!
    -KD @ONaBudget

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree- doing a spontaneous adventure is always fun. I try to do train trips whenever possible. I'd like to do better about not planning things (@Wanderlustingk)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you will get some better luck next time - too bad the hotel was unmade.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite the hotel stay it looks like you had a great spontaneous adventure and I'm sure it is one that you will remember!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever suits you is the right way of doing it. That's what I have always been telling people <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to see you both are adventurers! Perfect for each other - keep being spontaneous!!
    -Polina

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete